Tailored Collaboration Program
The Tailored Collaboration (TC) Program is a matching program designed to support utility-specific/regional issues. It provides an opportunity for subscribing utilities to partner with WRF in regional research projects or projects that address issues of interest to a significant subgroup of WRF subscribers. The program receives 20% of WRF’s allocated budget each year.
Pre-proposal submission for 2021 is closed.
Projects funded under the Tailored Collaboration Program are chosen annually through a two-stage competitive process:
Stage 1 - WRF issues a annual call for pre-proposals. Submitted ideas are evaluated and approved by the Tailored Collaboration Review Committee (TCRC).
Stage 2 - Candidates whose pre-proposals were approved in Stage 1 are instructed to submit a full proposal to compete for funding. The full proposals are evaluated and approved by TCRC.
Applicants can apply for a 1:1 match of up to $100,000 of WRF funds. WRF funds 7-8 projects per year through this program.
- Each TC proposal must be sponsored by a utility that has paid its WRF subscription
- Cash match is required in order to submit a proposal to the program
- WRF will provide a 1:1 match, up to $100,000, for every $1 in cash that a subscriber or group of subscribers provides toward the project.
There is no minimum in-kind contribution required.
Proposals are selected based on:
- Topic breadth and applicability
- Technical approach
- Management plan
- Qualifications of key personnel
Submitters will be notified by the second week of August about the outcome, and short-listed research teams will be given approximately 45 days to complete and submit their full proposals. The final funding decision will be made by mid-November.
First, submit a pre-proposal according to the Tailored Collaboration Program pre-proposal guidelines. Those who submit the best pre-proposals will be invited to submit a full proposal.
Visit WRF's Proposal Guidelines page to access supporting documentation, deadline requirements, and information regarding where to send your pre-proposal for the Tailored Collaboration Program.
After you've downloaded and filled out the required documents, visit our proposal management systems to submit your pre-proposal.
- Post-Wildfire Distribution System Water Quality Impacts and Potential Responses
- Understanding Pyrolysis for PFAS Removal
- Acid+ Digestion
- Application of Finite Element Analysis in the Design of Large-Diameter Buried Pressure Pipes: Special Cases
- Filtration Process Control for Pathogen Removal and Climate Change Adaptation
- Stuyding the Fate of PFAS through Sewage Sludge Incinerators
- Managing Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe (PCCP) to Extend Asset Life (5069)
- Application of Nanobubble Technology in Water Treatment (5070)
- Demonstration of Progressive Carbon Efficient Nitrogen with Biological Phosphorous Removal in a Conventional BNR Facility (5071)
- Mitigation Strategy Plan for Direct Greenhouse Emissions from BNR Processes in New York City (5072)
- Understanding and Improving Reuse Biofilter Performance during Transformation from GAC to BAC (5092)
Please contact Dr. Kenan Ozekin by phone (303.734.3464) or email with questions about the Tailored Collaboration Research Program.