Submit a proposal for the Emerging Opportunities Program
This program was designed to address emerging and time critical issues. It also supports partnering opportunities and add-ons to current projects. Instructions for submitting a proposal for this program are contained in each request for proposal (RFP).
Criteria for Submitting a Project
The criteria in the document below will be used qualitatively for recommending a project idea for funding to our Executive Committee.
Criteria for Additional Funding
In addition to the criteria for funding, the following criteria will be used when an ongoing project is recommended for additional funding.
Open RFPs - Emerging Opportunities Program
There are currently no RFPs available.
Submit a proposal for the Research Priority Program
This program enables us to address broadly relevant subscriber issues, challenges, and opportunities with targeted research, often in a series of projects. We utilize an online proposal submission system to collect incoming proposals for the Research Priority Program.
Early submission of proposals and supporting documents is highly encouraged.
1. Select a Proposal
Review the list of open RFPs, noting their deadline and objectives. Download the RFP to learn more about the requirements of the RFP. Please ensure your organization can comply with the requirements of the RFP and proposal submission process specified in the proposal guidelines before beginning a proposal.
2. Verify Your Credentials
To ensure successful submission, test your credentials by either logging into or using the "Forgot Password" link in our proposal submission system. If you cannot find your email using the "Forgot Password" link, then use the "Request a Login" form. Please know, it can take up-to 48 business hours to provide credentials to new users. A login is required to submit a proposal and your completed proposal must be submitted before the deadline noted in the RFP.
3. Use the Submission System
Using your credentials, login and select the project—using the RFP number—for which you want to submit a proposal. Download and save the compressed Proposal Component Packet and follow the instructions outlined in the Tutorial for Online Proposals. This document provides an overview of the steps necessary to ensure successful submission.
Open RFPs - Research Priority Program
Benefits and Challenges in Pathogen Removal when Blending Advanced Treated Water with Raw Water upstream of a Surface Water Treatment Plant in DPR
Guidelines for the Demonstration of Pathogen Log Removal Credits in Wastewater Treatment
The objective of this project is to develop guidance for crediting water resource recovery facilities (WRRFs) with pathogen log reduction values.
Phase II Demonstration: Designing Sensor Networks and Locations on an Urban Sewershed Scale With Big Data Management
This project is co-funded by The Water Research Foundation (WRF) and Metro Vancouver as part of the Foundation’s Research Priority Program.
The objectives of this project are:
• Consolidate the results of the two Phase I projects (Leveraging Other Industries – Big Data Management (SENG7R16/4836) and Designing Sensor Networks and Locations on an Urban Sewershed Scale (SENG6R16/4835) into a combined demonstration project.
• Conduct demonstration projects at multiple utilities to assess the effectiveness of sensor-based, real-time monitoring/metering and models/decision support systems on sewershed/sub-sewershed scales, including the application of analytics to solve sewershed network management issues.
• As a major funder of this work, Metro Vancouver must be included in any proposal. Please refer to Research approach for additional information.
• Create methodologies and frameworks to assist with the development of sensor-based networks and data management systems that incorporate new and emerging monitoring/metering/analysis technologies which can be used to assess historical data and provide support for real-time decision making.
• Document and summarize lessons learned during this project to assist other utilities in the future.
Submit a proposal for an open solicitation
There are currently no RFPs available.