Proposal Management System
The RFPs listed below will eventually be available through our proposal management system. Follow the unique project specific link to the submission form within the RFP and complete the information presented.
Volunteers are crucial to the success of WRF’s research projects, and there are a variety of ways you can get involved. Every project has a Project Advisory Committee that aids in the development of RFPs, reviews proposals, and monitors project results. In addition, participating utilities can serve as test facilities, provide water samples, share staff expertise, and more. Learn more about how you can get involved.
The list of concepts below were approved by the Research Advisory Council. We expect to have these RFPs posted in early 2023.
Cost-Effective PFAS Mitigation Strategies for Communities
Develop and establish cost effective strategies for the best management practices/control for PFAS in all water sources.
Advancing Partial Denitrification/Anammox (PdNA) Full-Scale Applications
- Conduct remaining research and finalize design and operational guidance for PdNA full-scale implementation (integrated and polishing).
- Advance the integration of PdNA with biological phosphorus (P) removal through anoxic uptake of P as the main driver of nitrite production from the proof of principle stage towards full-scale testing.
The following three Emerging Opportunities projects are under development. We expect to post RFPs in late 2022 and/or early 2023.
Developing an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Framework for Water Utilities
To develop a water sector specific framework that addresses ESG-related topics.
Establishing a Framework for Integrating Stormwater Capture into Water Supply Planning
- Assess key factors of stormwater integration
- Showcase successful multi-agency participation and partnerships in stormwater capture and use as a new supply and other benefits
- Develop a framework to evaluate the integration of stormwater as a water supply
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Workshop: Better Use of the Systems and Data
This workshop will bring different perspectives together to understand the breadth of applications of AMI systems and to help realize maximum value from these systems.