Since 1999, WRF has collaborated with partners in Japan and Taiwan in biennial workshops to exchange knowledge and research on preparing for and responding to earthquakes. The 9th Water System Seismic Conference was held October 14-16, 2015 in Sendai, Japan.
Conference topics included:
- Earthquake-resistant designs and their practices
- Inter-sector dependencies (water/power/medical/communications, etc.), either before or after earthquake events
- Mitigation of hazards and extreme events
- Best practices for preparedness, response, and recovery
- New developments in related research and how to implement these findings
In addition to the report, which contains the conference agenda and proceeings, the three keynote presentations are posted below under Project Papers.