Project #4787

Support of the TOrC Relational Database Associate with WERF Project Diagnostic Tools to Evaluate Trace Organic Compounds

$26,271
In Progress
Principal Investigator
Jerome
Diamond
Research Manager
Ms. Lola Olabode
Contractor
Tetra Tech, Inc.
Compounds of Emerging Concern (CECs)
Source & Receiving Waters
Monitoring
Water Quality

Abstract

WERF’s trace organics ecological monitoring database is one of the supporting products as part of CEC5R08 Diagnostic Tools to Evaluate Impacts of Trace Organics. This user friendly database provides easy access to the monitoring data from dozens of the most widely cited published reports. It contains five hundred trace organics from 27 published studies covering 360 sites across the U.S. The principal focus of the database is chemical monitoring results and roughly 95 percent of the data are chemical monitoring results in receiving waters. The remaining “5%” are biological monitoring results (i.e. fish and aquatic invertebrate species and numbers). The database includes associated data for each report including sampling methods, sampling dates, quality assurance information, and complete source citations. While the data are representative of what is publically available, the database does not claim to be comprehensive and complete (2011) http://traceorganicsecotool.werf.org

Note: Please review the Preamble PDF before proceeding to the trace organics ecological database!

Originally funded as WERF project CEC5R08d.

Resources