The Nutrient Removal Challenge (Challenge) started in 2007. Since that time, several research projects were initiated as part of the Challenge, such as technology assessment meetings, and collaborative efforts on refractory nutrients, nitrogen and phosphorus removal, and regulatory and sustainability issues. This project continues the collaborative efforts on sustainability and model permits, addressing refractory nutrients in technology and permits, design and operational considerations. The following resources are included under this project:
- Assessment of Nitrification Inhibition (NUTR5R14a/4827a): published in 2019
- Position Statement on Stakeholder Regulatory Strategy (NUTR5R14b/4827b): forthcoming
- Impact of EBPR Dewaterability (NUTR5R14d/4827d): published in 2019
- Nutrient Removal Challenge Synthesis Report (NUTR5R14g/4827g): published in 2019
- Trinity River Authority of Texas Ten Mile Creek Regional Wastewater System Enhanced Biological Phosphorus Removal Demonstration Study (NUTR5R14c/4827c): published in 2019.
Originally funded as WERF project NUTR1R06.