Call for Abstracts: Water System Seismic Conference
Since 1999, WRF has collaborated with partners in Japan and Taiwan on biennial workshops to exchange knowledge and research on preparing for, and responding to, earthquakes. WRF is now accepting abstracts for the 12th conference, to be held in Kumamoto, Japan, in January 2022. The event will be hosted by the Kumamoto City Waterworks and Sewerage Bureau and Japan Water Works Association, and is cosponsored by WRF and the Chinese Taipei Water Works Association.
Acceptable abstract themes are as follows:
- Earthquake-resistant designs and their practice
- Risk management
- How to educate the public and transmit information (using social networking services, etc.) during earthquakes
- Mitigation measures to reduce the damage of complex earthquakes
- Earthquake case studies that capture best practices for reconstruction/restoration efforts and community involvement
- New developments in research and how to implement research findings in practice (e.g., using IoT or AI approaches)
- Other related topics (e.g., earthquake countermeasures for water supply utilities)
If you are interested in presenting a paper at the conference, please submit an abstract to Jian Zhang, WRF Research Program Manager, by Monday, May 17. Please use A4 paper size for your abstract.
Authors/presenters whose abstracts are accepted will be required to submit full papers (approximately 10 pages, A4 paper size) in mid-September 2021. Presentations at the conference will be limited to 15 minutes, and presentation materials will be due in mid-November 2021.