2023 Intelligent Water Systems Challenge
The Leaders Innovation Forum for Technology (LIFT) program, a joint effort of The Water Research Foundation (WRF) and the Water Environment Federation (WEF), is holding the fifth annual Intelligent Water Systems Challenge to demonstrate the value of intelligent water systems to utilities and thereby foster the adoption of smart water technologies. The Challenge gives students, professionals, and technology aficionados the opportunity to showcase their talents and innovation, with a focus on leveraging data using the best available tools to help utilities better understand the dynamics of complex systems and make better decisions.
In this Challenge, teams assemble to take on a self-selected Needs Statement. Teams take the following steps to participate:
- Register team (min 2, max 6) or individual interest by April 14, 2023
- Additional team members can be added to registered teams before May 15, 2023. LIFT will assist in team formation as needed.
- Submit Challenge Plan by May 15, 2023
- Option to participate in feedback sessions with experts between May 16 and June 14, 2023
- Submit Challenge Solution by July 31, 2023
- Top 3 submissions selected to make a final pitch at WEFTEC 2023 in Chicago, Illinois
Details about the Challenge and requirements are found in the Guidance Document and FAQ attachments below.