2022 Intelligent Water Systems Challenge
The Leaders Innovation Forum for Technology (LIFT) program, a joint effort of The Water Research Foundation (WRF) and the Water Environment Federation (WEF), is holding the fourth annual Intelligent Water Systems Challenge to demonstrate the value of intelligent water systems to utilities and thereby foster the adoption of smart water technologies. The Challenge gives students, professionals, and technology aficionados the opportunity to showcase their talents and innovation, with a focus on leveraging data using the best available tools to help utilities better understand the dynamics of complex systems and make better decisions.
In this Challenge, teams assemble to take on a self-selected Needs Statement. Teams take the following steps to participate:
- Register team (min 2, max 6) or individual interest by April 15, 2022
- Additional team members can be added to registered teams before May 16, 2022. LIFT will assist in team formation as needed.
- Submit Challenge Plan by May 16, 2022
- Option to participate in feedback sessions with experts
- Submit Challenge Solution by August 15, 2022
- Top 3 submissions selected to make a final pitch at WEFTEC 2022
Details about the Challenge and requirements are found in the Guidance Document and FAQ attachments below.
Steering Committee Members
Fenghua Yang, MWRD Greater Chicago
Max Herzog, Cleveland Water Alliance
Nicole Pasch, Xylem
Elkin Hernandez, DC Water
Tad Slawecki, LimnoTech
Kira Bhattarai, WEF
David Morroni, WRF
Water Environment Federation