Research Program Manager - Utility Management
Advance the science of water by joining The Water Research Foundation (WRF) team! WRF is the leading research organization advancing the science of all water to meet the evolving needs of its subscribers and the water sector.
WRF is seeking a full-time Research Program Manager in either our Alexandria, VA or Denver, CO office. The Research Program Manager is accountable for planning research, managing projects and providing technical oversight to ensure that WRF's research program is scientifically credible and responsive to utility needs. The Research Program Manager position requires a broad understanding of the water sector and is also accountable for creating, maintaining, and disseminating knowledge resources on selected topics of critical importance to water utilities and the water community. This position will focus on utility management and finance.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of utility management issues across the water sector.
- Collaborate with industry experts on professional committees to develop research agendas, design research projects, and monitor technical progress.
- Manage projects to ensure fiscal responsibility, timeliness, and contractual compliance.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of volunteer advisory committees for assigned research projects and research topics.
- Provide technical content, prepare original materials, and respond to requests for information.
- Provide an elevated level of customer service to subscribers through presentations, authorship, conference involvement, professional association membership, and interactions with media.
- Lead or support proposal development teams in response to external grant funding opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of water sector experience.
- Documented competencies in technical writing, oral presentation, group facilitation, and working with volunteers and/or committees.
- Practical work experience across the water sector is preferred.
- Masters or PhD in public administration, business administration, finance, management, or related field is required.
- Graduate work may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Have an understanding of water science.
- Domestic travel of 10–20% is required for conferences and meetings, and occasional international travel may also be required.
- A casual, professional, and collaborative environment
- Competitive salary:
- The pay range for this position is $85,000–$92,000 (if calculated on an annual basis), based on qualifications and experience
- An outstanding benefit package including:
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance along with supplemental options
- Ancillary benefit programs
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Hybrid flexible work arrangement and scheduling to enhance work/life balance
Please send cover letter, resume and salary range expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: Research Program Manager.
WRF is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
No immigration or relocation assistance is available for this position.