Research Program Manager
Are you interested in working in a collaborative environment with like-minded professionals dedicated to the science of water, public health, and the environment? If so, advance the science of water by joining The Water Research Foundation (WRF) team. WRF is the leading research organization advancing the science of all water to meet the evolving needs of its subscribers and the water sector. The convergence of research (environmental, engineering, and social) and Innovation (new technologies, data analytics), and new approaches make it an exciting time to be at WRF.
WRF is seeking a full-time Research Program Manager in our Alexandria, VA office, who will be focusing on water resources across the water sector (drinking water, wastewater, reuse). The Research Program Manager is accountable for planning research, managing projects, and providing technical oversight to ensure that WRF's research program is scientifically credible and responsive to utility needs. The position is also accountable for creating, maintaining, and disseminating knowledge resources on selected topics of critical importance to water utilities and the water community.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of specific water treatment/management related topics.
- Collaborate with industry experts on professional committees to develop research agendas, design research projects, and monitor technical progress.
- Manage projects to ensure fiscal responsibility, timeliness, and contractual compliance.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of volunteer advisory committees for assigned research projects
- and research topics.
- Provide technical content, prepare original materials, and respond to requests for information.
- Provide an elevated level of customer service to subscribers through presentations, authorship, conference involvement, professional association membership, and interactions with media.
- Lead or support proposal development teams in response to external grant funding opportunities.
- Minimum of 3 years of water sector experience; specifically in drinking water, wastewater or reuse.
- Documented competencies in technical writing, oral presentation, group facilitation, and working with
- Volunteers and/or committees are strongly preferred.
- Masters or Ph.D. in civil/environmental/chemical engineering/ environmental science with practical
- Work experience with the treatment is required.
- Graduate work may substitute for 2 years of experience.
- A casual, professional, and collaborative environment
- Competitive salary
- An outstanding benefits package includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance along with supplemental options
- Ancillary benefit programs
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Flexible work arrangement and scheduling to enhance work/life balance
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary range expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: Research Program Manager.
WRF is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Immigration or relocation assistance is not available for this position.