Are you interested in working in a collaborative environment with like-minded professionals dedicated to the science of water, public health, and the environment? If so, advance the science of water by joining The Water Research Foundation (WRF) team. WRF is the leading research organization advancing the science of all water to meet the evolving needs of its subscribers and the water sector. The convergence of research (environmental, engineering, and social) and new approaches make it an exciting time to be at WRF.
WRF is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator in our Alexandria, VA office, who will support Research Program Managers (RPMs) by assisting with the timely development and implementation of research projects. Project Coordinators provide support to RPMs in monitoring project contractual agreements to ensure effective delivery of research, fiscal accountability, adherence to contract provisions, and compliance with federal regulations. They also provide administrative support to RPMs and a Research Unit Leader in research planning and knowledge management, and in general assists in obtaining Research Services' strategic objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists RPMs throughout the Project Management lifecycle, including the Request for Proposals (RFP) and proposal selection process, contracting, project implementation (e.g., deliverables, meetings, and invoices), as well as project completion, publication, and marketing
- Provides administrative support to RPMs with arranging and coordinating volunteer committees and responding to requests from subscribers and other stakeholders
- Ensures proper communication channels are kept open both internally and externally by providing excellent customer service
- Contributes to cooperation and teamwork within the PC group and Research Services units, working toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Uses a systematic course of action of ensure unit organization and time management principles are upheld
- Demonstrates WRF values within the organization, with subscribers and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in general business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with project or contract administration
- One year of customer service experience is desired
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Experience with general database management
- Thorough attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to accurately document and track multiple projects
- Proven experience with communicating with diverse personalities and engaging customers
- Demonstrated experience with communicating detailed information succinctly and respectfully
- Highly organized and skilled in time management to meet constant deadlines
- Ability to take direction from various individuals
- A casual, professional, and collaborative environment
- Competitive salary
- An outstanding benefit package including:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance along with supplemental options
- Ancillary benefit programs
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Flexible work arrangement and scheduling to enhance work/life balance
Use the following form forms.waterrf.org/223203979838063 to submit your cover letter/salary range expectations and resume.
WRF is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
No immigration or relocation assistance is available for this position.