PONDUS is one of the commercially available technologies for thermochemical hydrolysis process. PONDUS thermochemical hydrolysis (TCHP) process utilizes heat (60-70°C) and sodium hydroxide.
- What are the benefits to implementing your technology?
- Reduce viscosity of thickened waste activated sludge by > 80%
- Reduce required anaerobic digestion volume by 50%
- Increase monthly biogas production compared with baseline year by 17% -30%
- Increase dewatered sludge cake Total Solids (TS) by >2 percentage points
- Maintain very good volatile solids reduction (VSR) ratio between 63% - 69%
Has the technology been tested, demonstrated, or implemented anywhere to date?
PONDUS TCHP has six full-scale installations in operation. The first PONDUS TCHP in U.S. was implemented in the Kenosha WRRF in 2015.
What are some of the next steps needed to advance the technology?
The next step is to identify wastewater utilities clients in needs of increasing anaerobic digestion capacity, reducing of sludge viscosity, and improving biogas production.
LIFT provides a great platform connecting utilities and technology providers. CNP will use LIFT as an efficient channel to identify potential customers and advertise the PONDUS TCHP.Gerhard ForstnerPresidentCNP - Technology Water and Biosolids Corp.