The Schreiber Fuzzy Filter® is an innovative and cost-effective compressible media filter for water and wastewater treatment systems. The Fuzzy Filter® system is compact, modular, and easily adaptable for numerous applications. The Fuzzy Filter®, operating in an upflow design, achieves an exceptionally high rate of solids removal through the use of compressible synthetic fiber spheres.
What are the benefits to implementing your technology?
- High flow rate (20-40 GPM/ft2) and dramatic space savings.
- Approved for Title 22 applications.
- Low operating costs, normally backwash utilizes influent water.
- Low wash water usage (1-2%).
- Ease of installation and completely enclosed structure.
- High solids storage capacity.
- Flexibility of operation through media bed compression.
- Media life in excess of 10 years.
- Experience in municipal and industrial process applications.
Has the technology been tested, demonstrated, or implemented anywhere to date?
Schreiber LLC has been providing the Fuzzy Filter® filtration system since the late 1990s and has over 50 systems installed on both municipal and industrial applications. Over 150 pilot and demonstration tests have been performed. Applications have included secondary wastewater, membrane backwash, primary effluent, CSO/SSO, metals removal, cooling tower, food processing, mining, oil and gas, phosphorus removal, and surface water.
What are some of the next steps needed to advance the technology?
Schreiber LLC is continuously working on new applications and working to improve the depth of knowledge in various applications. Additional testing is currently underway for various industrial applications, municipal phosphorus removal, and primary effluent filtration (carbon diversion).
LIFT has provided opportunities to introduce the Fuzzy Filter® system to potential customers and partners. LIFT can further help by providing additional opportunities to identify potential partners for demonstration trials and pilot testing.Andy MitchellSales ManagerFuzzy Filter®