Large Pressure Pipe Structural Rehabilitation Conference 2016
The consequences of large diameter pipe failure can be enormous due to the supply challenges failures may cause, as well as risks to public safety and the environment. This conference was developed to address some critical issues related to large diameter pipe, especially options for rehabilitating large diameter pipe of various materials. The conference covered pipe materials including steel, cast and ductile iron, and PCCP pipe. There have been some innovations in the past several years regarding the application of structural linings for large diameter pipe.
The conference included presentations from consultants, manufacturers, and utilities.
- WRF Research Efforts on Large Diameter Pipes – Frank Blaha, The Water Research Foundation
- What is Structural Rehab? – Dan Ellison, HDR
- Large Diameter Pipeline Rehabilitation – Charles Ngo, LADWP
- Metropolitan’s PCCP Rehab Program – Mike McReynolds, Metropolitan Water District
- Collapsed-Can Steel Liners: Design – Stephen F. Shumaker, CDM Smith
- Collapsed-Can and Loose-Fit Steel Liners: Fabrication – Henry H. Bardakjian
- CSPL 2 Sliplining: Loose-Fit Steel Lining – Tom Frisher, HDR
- Sliplining Using HDPE – Mike Grahek, LADWP
- Swagelining for Water Transmission and Sewer Force Main Renewal – Todd Grafenauer, Murphy Pipe
- CIPP for Large Diameter Pressure Pipes – George Bontus, Aegion
- Current Testing Results and Validation of the Tyfo® Fibrwrap® Systems for Pipeline Rehabilitation – Scott F. Arnold, Fyfe
- Large Diameter Pipe Bursting – George Mallakis, TT Technologies, Inc.
- Reline Construction: Challenges Above and Below – Mike Kenny, On-Site Technologies
- Using StrongPIPE Hybrid FRP for PCCP Rehab in Miami-Dade System – Luis Aguiar, Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department, and Anna Pridmore, Structural Technologies
- Managing a PCCP Rehabilitation Program – Nathan Faber, SDCWA
- Preserving Large Diameter Pipes With Cathodic Protection – Graham E.C. Bell, HDR, and Mark Bushyeager, Metropolitan Water District
- Pipe Rehabilitation for a Seismic-Resilient System – Craig Davis, LADWP
- Large-Diameter Pipeline Cathodic Protection at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California – Mark Bushyeager, Metropolitan Water District