Forging Powerful and Sustainable Relationships Between Clean Water Agencies and the Community
This partner Water Research Foundation and Water Environment Federation webcast highlighted findings from a recent WRF research project, Forging Powerful and Sustainable Relationships Between Clean Water Agencies and the Community (project 4678), that looked at how clean water agencies (CWAs) can leverage emotional motivators in public engagement programs to create long-standing relationships with the community. Between 2017-2018, the research team drew from multi-disciplinary research, interviews with leading clean water agencies and global marketing experts, and a statistical analysis of customer opinions, and found that an emotional connection matters. Using these findings, CWAs can transform industry perceptions and connect with customers in new and meaningful ways.
Our presenters discussed:
- Theoretical underpinnings for emotional connections and relationship building.
- Enhancing trust and generating goodwill for times of crisis.
- Understanding customer advocacy and how to foster positive customer interactions.
- Encouraging positive behavioral change to realize operational efficiencies.
- Building public support for new strategies, programs, rates, and investments.
- Assessing current performance on engagement efforts.
- Identifying next steps for improving customer relationships.