The Water Research Foundation is seeking pre-proposals for funding consideration under its 2018 Subscriber Priority (SP) Research Program, which is reserved for Subscribers. The SP Research Program is designed to encourage collaboration with Foundation Subscribers on research. Subscriber Priority projects typically address applied research topics that may be local or regional in nature. The research topic should be broadly applicable to wastewater, stormwater, drinking water and/or seawater. Proposals should complement the Foundation’s ongoing research and not duplicate any current or pending project. SP proposals are accepted once per year under a two-step process. An initial pre-proposal of no more than four pages in length is first submitted for review and screening. In the second phase, full proposals are requested for those pre-proposals judged to have the greatest potential outcome.
2018 SP Budget: $354,090 for 4-5 project awards
Deadline for Pre-Proposals: Monday, August 13, 2018 by 8:00 PM ET
Shortlisted Full Proposal Invitation: Early October 2018
- Attachment A: Full Proposal Instructions
- Attachment B: Pre-Proposal and Full Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Pre-proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by August 13, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. ET. Proposals received after 8:00 p.m. ET on this date will not be considered. Receipt of pre-proposals will be acknowledged by email.
The timeline for the 2018 Subscriber Priority Program is as follows:
- June 2018: The “Request for Pre-proposals” is released
- August 13: Pre-proposals are due
- August/September: Subscriber Priority Review Committee evaluates proposals and makes recommendations for short list
- Early October: Foundation notifies research teams whose preproposals were selected and requests full proposals
- November 5: Full proposals are due
- November/December: Subscriber Priority Committee reviews full proposals and recommends projects for funding
- January: Board of Directors reviews the projects and approves recommended proposals
- January: Award projects under the 2017 Subscriber Priority Research Program.
**Please note that this program is separate from the Unsolicited Research Program Call for Pre-Proposals, which are due on Friday, July 13, 2018. Please contact UnsolicitedProposals@waterrf.org if you have questions on the Unsolicited Program.