The objective of this project was to advance the state of knowledge and resources available to utilities in advancing priority capital projects from concept to execution stage. The six focus areas related to the capital funding process addressed by the project include:
1. Balancing system development needs with infrastructure renewal needs
2. Program implementation approaches and systems
3. Business case evaluations
4. Prioritization of projects and initiatives
5. Increasing stakeholder involvement and customer research (in planning/prioritization and also in program implementation
6. Capital program funding approval and resourcing processes
In addition to the final report, the research team also gathered 47 supplemental documents related to the five of the six topics above. These documents are posted below under Project Papers, and are organized by topic. Published in 2016.